Friday, March 25, 2011

Words, Words, Words...



I have to be really honest about something...I have never been particularly fond of spring.  It freaks me out.  Sure, I like the fresh fruit and vegetables.  I like the flowers.  It is just...well, I was an English major.  March, well, it has the whole Ides of March thing, and I walk around slightly paranoid all month.  And then April, well, according to T. S. Eliot, it "is the cruelest month."  These things tend to put me a bit on edge.  But then I was also one of those kids that was afraid to step on cracks for fear of breaking my mother's back.  Words have always held too much power for me.  Words have always pained me more than deeds.

Yet, here I am, working with words.  I work with words at my "day job," and I am working with words on both of my blogs, and I write stories as well (yep, more words).  This has me wondering if I have some sort of unacknowledged masochistic streak (or is it sadistic streak?)...I should probably Google that at some point...

So, since I haven't shamelessly plugged it here, yet, I do actually have another blog that I am working on with a friend.  It centers around gluten-free food, seasonal eating, etc.  There are some really awesome recipes, tips for healthy eating, and you get to watch the both of us muddle through as we try to change the world.  There will be laughter, tears and, inevitably, some epic failures.   You should definitely come along for the ride.

Now that I am dealing with my word issues, I will be here more often, too.  No joke.  It is kind of like therapy.  I write; I feel better; wow, I suddenly want to write more; hey, I feel even better...

Then the old dreams emerge...dreams of books, and bookstores, and a long-awaited life just waiting to be lived.

5 comments:

A. K. Francis said...

I'm dreaming with you, hon. But, don't be so hard on April. The month did bring you ME, you know. ;)

Unknown said...

Yes, but don't even get me STARTED about my birthday issues!

A. K. Francis said...

Oh no, dearest. Never think it. But... one consolation... you do share the month with Harry Potter. So there's that. :)

<3 <3 <3

Eden Riley said...

Ok, so .... where can I pre-order your cookbook?

I'm serious. You need to get on that ... I'm waiting.

XOX

Unknown said...

I am working on it, and I am pretty sure I gained 5 lbs. just this weekend eating. I promise to let you know as it gets closer to completion. And thank you so much!