- Who made God?
- But if God didn't die, how did He get to heaven?
- Why are you putting on make-up? It's Saturday...it's not like you're going to work where they care if you are pretty...
- What's vaginal discharge?
- Can we talk more about puberty?
The next morning, she went up to her younger brother, raised her arm high, stuck her arm pit in his face and exclaim, "Hey, smell me...I'm going through puberty.
This got my youngest asking me when HE would go through puberty. (Mind you, he has not even lost a baby tooth yet...another source of angst for him...and another recurring question.)
6. Mom, how come I never lose any teeth? Does the Tooth Fairy hate me or something?
Yes, these are the big questions that have been tormenting me lately. Actually, there is one more...
7. Mama, you cry every time you watch the planes hit the buildings on T.V., so why do you keep watching it?
I pull them close around me, (while my middle child runs to get me a box of Kleenex) and we talk again about the fact that life can be uncertain, and people can be cruel...but that people can also be amazing, and brave, and strong, and so very, very WORTH remembering.
|Department of Defense photo|
We talk about the people who died, both those caught unaware and those who saw Death coming and stared it down until the end. We talk about the brave first responders who ran INTO the building...when everyone else tried to valiantly to get out.
Inevitably, this leads to one more question...
8. Mama, if something like that happened here, would Daddy have to run in? Would Uncle Boo have to run in?
The answer is yes. And maybe that is part of the reason for the tears...